The Big Apple is a sprawling metropolis which allows you to savour a bit of almost anything you can chew. Sights, sounds, culture, music and shopping await you and rental cars 24h is the only way to experience it all within a reasonably short period of time. Expect a bit of traffic, especially during rush hour, in downtown New York, but there are plenty of other areas where you can drive through without much bother.
Top 5 Attractions In Downtown New York
Here is a list of places of interest to visit whilst in Central New York or Lower Manhattan:
– to really get a taste of the cosmopolitan vibe within the heart of downtown New York you definitely have to pay a visit to SoHo, Little Italy and Chinatown, which are all located in Lower Manhattan. The tour normally takes around 3 hours by foot and will keep you entertained until the very end.
2. Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
– to access the Statue of Liberty you need to take a ferry ride to Liberty Island, where the famous statue towers over New York. There is no fee for the actual Statue but you would need to pay for the ferry ride.
– a 90 minute guided tour of the financial district will give you a real feeling of how it all started, how it survived the Great Crash and the image it conveys until this very day.
4. 9/11 Memorial
– relive the horrors of the terrorist attack which killed thousands of innocent lives and pay tribute to the bravery and sacrifice of New York’s Finest.
– since New York is surrounded by rivers and islands it makes sense to opt for a boat or helicopter tour so that you can appreciate the splendid views from above and below on the waterways.
More Sights Not To Be Missed
Apart from the main attractions above which we believe are unmissable there are also a number of other sights which could do with a visit, especially if you have the time available. The Empire State Building, for example, has withstood the hands of time and continues to impress not only for its staggering height but also for the vivid memories it still carries from epic films, actors and actresses, who have all contributed in making it a unique work of art.
Just like London, New York boasts a number of theatres and shows which will keep you riveted to your seat clamouring for more. Be sure to book early if you hope to find available seats at the top shows as tickets sell out like candy!
Central Park is also worth a visit due to its appeal and history. If you are looking for somewhere to relax and soak up the sun, when available, head over to this green oasis in the middle of the city. You can find fun activities for all ages and could also consider absorbing it all by taking a jog or power walk.
Waiting for free taxis in downtown New York is notoriously a time-consuming experience so you might want to consider rental cars 24h which will save you the hassle and get you where you want to be when you want.